To keep your jewelry in great condition, we recommend:
- Removing all jewelry before being exposed to chemicals of any kind (including cleaning chemicals, lotions, soaps and makeup), before swimming, showering, or exercising, before doing outdoor work or gardening, and before heavy lifting.
- Clean your jewelry regularly using warm water, gentle soap, and a soft toothbrush.
- Never wear jewelry when doing physical work such as housekeeping, gardening, or exercise.
- Never expose jewelry to chlorine swimming pools, hot tubs, or ocean water.
- Never expose jewelry to sudden temperature changes and excessive sunlight.
Opal Jewelry Care:
Opal is a very soft and porous stone, which causes it to absorb the coloring of fluids it comes in contact with.
Opal jewelry needs to be kept away from liquid chemicals at all times, or the stone could suffer from permanent stain and loss of color. Try to keep your opal jewelry as naturally dry as possible. Keep away from oils, soap, shampoo, detergent, perfumes, and any chemical liquids. Do not wear opal jewelry while washing hands, showering, washing dishes, swimming, or any other activity that could expose the opal to impurities in the water.
If your opal becomes stained, discolored or damaged from improper care (i.e. washing hands with your opal ring on all the time), the only resolution would be a stone replacement.
Clean opal jewelry with a dry, soft cloth to gently remove dirt and buildups. Do NOT clean opal jewelry with soap, liquid cleaning agents, steamer, or ultrasonic cleaner.